We provide the resources, you provide the success.
Papillion-La Vista High School | Papillion, NE
Papillion-La Vista South High School | Papillion, NE
The AIM TRiO Upward Bound is a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Education. The grant provides resources, activities, guidance and mentoring to approximately 50 high school students each year. The goal of the grant is to guide students toward successful graduation from high school and college.
What does Upward Bound offer?
Upward Bound offers academic support and services to help improve the financial and economic literacy of students. Academic support is available in the following areas: mathematics, English, science, literature and foreign language. Some of the services available include: tutoring, mentoring, cultural enrichment, work study and counseling services.
Other services include:
- Information on the full range of Federal Student Financial Aid programs and benefits
- Help completing Financial Aid forms (like the FAFSA — the Free Application for Federal Student Aid) as well as work study forms, scholarships and grant forms or applications
- Guidance and assistance on secondary school re-entry, alternative education programs, or entry into general educational development (GED) programs or postsecondary education
Upward Bound Activities
A multitude of activities are offered for participants. They include but are not limited to:
- ACT preparation classes
- Summer Academies
- College visits and prep hour (after school tutoring and mentoring)
- Saturday enrichment activities
- FAFSA Night (to help parents fill out the FAFSA)
- College and scholarship application help
- Volunteer opportunities
- Professional speakers
Who is eligible?
The AIM TRiO Upward Bound serves high school students from income eligible families as well as families in which neither parent has acquired a college degree and have a need for academic support in order to pursue college graduation.